Pages

February 14, 2007

Yo Yo... happy V Day!

Happy V Day!!! Mmmmm.... chocolate! Swiss chocolate!!! Lindt chocolate is really cheap here in Switzerland and mm mmm good. We are doing great! Yesterday I made banana-spice cookies for the group. There are about 35 students here and workers. Today Craig and I did housekeeping duties in the Bellevue Chalet where we live in. All the work here is really easy so we just get things done and then usually they let us leave work early and go study or read. I journaled some excellent recipes the other day. We had a great conversation about prayer and missions on Monday at one of the formal lunches. Also another great formal lunch was when Craig brought up the subject of "art in the church". Everyone really seemed to get into that discussion. We have 4 formal lunches a week where we can address any question... even a question on whether man actually went to the moon!
I've started a new book "The Case for Christ" by Lee Strobel. Also continuing to read my devotional book I picked up at Taize by Brother Roger.
I had tutorial today (each week, we meet for an hour and talk about anything we want to) and I wasn't really sure what to talk about today so I brought up the topic of the "christian music industry" as there is a lot of cynicism amongst almost everyone here about this industry (for good reason). It was a great conversation and quite beneficial.

Another cool thing... she was Rebecca St James' tutor when Rebecca was here at L'Abri a couple years ago! So cool! Anyways, I know that Lisa Hiebert will like that tidbit of info! :)

Cheers and blessings! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rebecca St. James went there? Craig's favorite music artist??? He must be in awe, eh? Very cool! Glad you're having some great conversations with people there from around the world... gaining new insight into all those topics. What an amazing opportunity for you guys. We miss you tons! We show Jonas & Jack your pics all the time. They can't wait to see their auntie and uncle again real soon. Love you guys!
Dave, Michelle, Jonas & Jack

Marianne said...

Hey Jen! I always enjoy reading your blog =) It sounds like you're having a wonderful, wonderful time! It sure was fun meeting up with you/Lisa and reminiscing about TX--and now you're married and in Europe! Wow! =) I can't wait to read more of you and Craig's advenutres, God Bless!
Marianne

Anonymous said...

Jen, I just caught up on your blog - I'm so glad you finally got your knitting needles & wool! I'm also impressed that you made cookies for all those people. I wanted to tell you that with your heart of love you will be a wonderful hostess. Just be patient with yourself about learning the cooking etc. Writing recipes in your journal is wonderful. you're going to come across some great recipes there I'm sure. So, how much Lindt chocolate do you think you can bring home? Love to you both
Marleen